The Sabarigiri School
Admission to Sabarigiri Residential School is highly competitive. Most prospective students have been high achievers in their previous schools, both in and out of the classroom .Equally important to a student's demonstrated academic ability is the motivation to carry on Asheville School's high standards and tradition of excellence. A student must be a good citizen and have the desire and drive to contribute to the success of the overall school community.
Applying to Sabarigiri Residential School
Applying to Sabarigiri Residential School is an exercise in self-discovery. Applicants are amazed by what they learn about themselves just by considering our school. Our application process is not necessarily a simple one; it takes effort and commitment -- things our students draw upon every day in order to be successful here. The process is well worth it, however, in terms of what you will discover about yourself.
Admission is Competitive
Every year, Sabarigiri Residential School receives significantly more applications than it has spaces available. Within this competitive framework, applicants are judged on the basis of citizenship, interest in attending Asheville School, demonstrated academic ability and likely involvement in our school community.
- Students are admitted subject to the availability of seats, solely on merit basis irrespective of any distinction of caste, creed or religion.
- Application Form and Prospectus can be had from the school offices at Anchal, Punalur & Thiruvanthapuram on payment of Rs.100 only.
- Application form duly filled in and signed must be submitted to the school office on or before the stipulated date.
- Candidates for plus two course must have passed the AISSE / ICSE / SSLC or equivalent examination.
- Those who have passed other than AISSE / ICSE / SSLC should produce the eligibility & migration certificate etc. from the authorities concerned.
- The candidates must be accompanied by his / her parents for interview and should produce the following documents.
- The Original Certificate & Mark List or Progress Card of qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate, Certificate of conduct & Character from the institution last attended.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Foreign Candidates must produce proper visa Documents and certificate or equivalent.
- SC / ST / OBC students should submit their community certificate. (Items)
- community certificate.
- Above are not applicable to First Standard students.
Note: The Parents who can fully co-operate with the school authorities with regard to the discipline, rules and regulations of the school only are advised to admit their children to the school.
Rules for Promotion
- For Primary Classes :
- Promotion form classes I and II will be decided on the basis of continuous and comprehensive
- Promotion from classes III unto V will be made on the basis of the total performance on periodical
- For classes VI to X
- Promotion form classes I and II will be decided on the basis of continuous and comprehensive assessment made every month on the work done in the class and assignments given to the children.
- A student is eligible for promotion in Std. I to X only if he or she has attended classes for 80 % of the total number of working days for which the school has worked from April to March of the academic year.
- For III Language there will be an Internal Examination at the end of Std. VIII students should complete the internal examination in the third language Std. VIII positively.
- A delay in payment of school fees debars a student from appearing for an examination and the report Books shall be withheld.
For classes other than Class XI:
- Fresh admission is generally open to class I to V only. For other classes admission is granted subject to availability of vacancies and considering certain provisions of the RTA.
- Admission is done through admission test, except for class I where it is on priority basis.
- For admission to class I, a student should have 6 years of age, and should have completed 7 years as on 31st of March of the year if admission. for other classes eligible age would be recorded as on 30th September of the year of admission with proportionate increase over 5 / 7 years.
- Fresh admission from class ii onwards will be allowed after a student qualifies him / her in the admission test, and submits the T.C of the previous school along with the progress report of the last examination.
- Admission test will be conducted by the school on the date notified by the Principal.
- The admission test shall be held in the following subjects.
- Primary classes (II to V) - English, Hindi, Malayalam, Mathematics, E.V.S
- Class VI to VIII - English, Hindi, Mathematics, General Science, General Knowledge
- Class IX - English, Hindi / Malayalam, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies.
- Admission to class X and XII is not given.